Wednesday, November 11, 2009

How much money are we really printing?


I've been hearing here and there that we are printing a lot of money, but it never seemed to be a big issue.  It wasn't really in the news, never on the front page, so I never knew whether to believe it or not.  So, I set out to see if I could find out what's going on with our money. 

I looked at a lot of information, but when I came across this video, I knew I had to share it.  For those of you who don't like Glenn Beck, all I can say is that he can be obnoxious, but he does his research.  He challenges anyone to find errors in his reporting and he always has his references ready.

The chart in this video came from the Federal Reserve.  Take from it what you want.

1 comment:

  1. When you print dollars you devalue the dollar. What better way to 'redistribute the wealth' than to make a person's savings devalued? (I mean aside from actually taking personal property -oops that already happened - look at the GM Dealers or even the old GM Stock holders, or you can increase social services and fund it with increased taxes -oops that happened to, Ok - you could drive down the value of people's investments let's say in their home or retirement accounts - silly me -they did that already. So really there is only one way left to 'redistribute the wealth' - devalue the dollar!)

    ReplyDelete